Comprehensive Water Heater Solutions by PPM Plumbing Draper
If your residential or commercial water heater is being degraded due to the hard water at your Draper, UT property, call on PPM Plumbing Draper for help. We offer solutions that will have your water heater back to working condition and even prolong its lifespan. Through water softener installation, we can help remove mineral build-up from your water and protect your property’s plumbing and appliances that need water to operate. As the name states, water softeners soften hard water by swapping hard water minerals with sodium. This process creates water that is much easier on your water heater, household appliances, and life. If your water softener has begun to break down and you notice your water has become cloudy, you may need to have one of our professionals come out and take a look at your water heater. Our dedicated team can provide you with a no-cost estimate for your unit and can often repair water heaters in a single visit.
The Benefits of Water Softener Installation
Adding a water softener to your water heater not only works to maintain the efficiency of your system, but it also provides many benefits we don’t typically think about. Water heaters play a significant role in keeping our day-to-day lives convenient. When these systems begin acting up, it compromises the comfort of your home and the efficiency of your business. Avoid any unnecessary annoyances by calling on one of our professional plumbing contractors to install a water softener for your water heater. The benefits of water softeners include:
- Lower energy bill – Soft water puts less stress on your water heater, which in turn makes it run far more efficiently. The less energy your system has the exert, the lower your energy bill will be.
- Prolonged life of pipes and appliances – The host of minerals in hard water eventually build up and create limescale. This sediment layer not only damages your water heater, but it will also eat away at your pipes. Water softeners prevent these build-ups and stop minerals from affecting your appliances.
- Environmentally friendly – Water softener installation allows your water heater to use less energy and your pipes and appliances to last longer. Thus, you use fewer resources. This sustainability helps to save our planet while simultaneously saving you money. What could be better?
- Softer and whiter clothes – Minerals from hard water make washing your clothes a hassle. No one wants to wear stiff and faded clothing! Soft water helps keep fabrics soft and bright.
- Better for hair and skin – The minerals in hard water combined with our hair and body products don’t mix well. Showering with hard water can leave soap scum on your body that works to dry our skin and clog pores. Soft water prevents the chance of developing rashes or eczema.
When it comes to your residential or commercial water heater, soft water is the better option. Though hard water is pure and full of beneficial minerals, it does not deliver the same conveniences as soft water.
The Tell-Tale Signs You Need Soft Water
You may be wondering, “how do I know if I have hard water?” Well, there are many signs that your water is hard. These include:
- Low water pressure from faucets or showerheads
- Unexplainable residue build-up in fixtures, sinks, toilets, tiles, and appliances
- Metallic or muddy tasting tap water
- Dull or grimy clothes
- Dry, itchy skin and breakouts
- Limp, greasy hair despite frequent washes
- Corroded pipes
Additionally, a simple water analysis will reveal a high mineral content, which means your commercial or residential property is dealing with issues associated with hard water. Now that you better understand the damages that hard water can cause let PPM Plumbing Draper install a water softener in your home or business. A water softener removes minerals from your water safely and will not cause any adverse effects to you or your water heater.
What About My Tankless Water Heater?
Hard water is even tough on tankless water heaters. The problems are relatively similar and mostly revolve around build-ups along the systems heat exchanger. This scale build-up works to significantly slow down the movement of heat, which results in a decrease in the systems overall efficiency. If this wasn’t enough, the minerals in hard water will deposit in your tankless water heater and close off the flow passages throughout the system. This occurrence will cause the water pressure in your home or business to plummet significantly.
Let PPM Plumbing Draper Install Your Water Softener Today!
For four decades, we have been Draper, UT’s premier plumbing company, offering unrivaled customer care and convenient financing options. Don’t let hard water destroy your water heater, plumbing, appliances, or skin! Our team is skilled at performing quick and reliable water softener installations so that you obtain the soft water your home or business needs and you deserve. Call now for more information or schedule an appointment. We look forward to talking with you!