Water Heater Installation and Maintenance in Draper, UT
If you live in Draper, Utah, you know that the winters can be extremely cold. Living in this kind of climate makes it especially important to have the right water heater installed in your home. While all water heaters must be dependable because they serve the important function of delivering hot water to a house, a water heater in a cold climate must be especially efficient. When the ground freezes, the water coming into the pipes is colder, so a water heater that is reliable and energy-efficient is a must.
Why a Professional Should Handle Water Heater Installation
Having your water heater professionally installed is crucial. Not only is it safer to let a professional handle this installation, but it’s a better idea financially. You might think you’re saving money by doing the installation yourself, but when a water heater is not installed by a professional, the warranty is often voided. This, in addition to the risk of error in a DIY installation, can lead to real headaches down the road. At PPM Plumbing, we have the knowledge and experience to recommend the right water heater for your home, whether that’s a traditional or tankless water heater, and we also provide high-quality professional installation. That’s why contacting us is the smart move when you need a new water heater.
We Provide Water Heater & Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
In addition to choosing the right water heater and the right professionals to install it, you need to have the right maintenance for your water heater. You can install the highest-quality water heater on the market, but if you don’t take care of it, you’ll find yourself replacing it far sooner than you’d expect. With the proper care, a traditional water heater can last anywhere from 8-15 years, and a tankless water heater, up to 20. To maintain a water heater, you should have a professional inspect it about once a year. This inspection should include:
- Thermostat Check: Your technician will make sure the thermostat is adjusted to the right setting to provide hot water while saving energy.
- Vent Inspection: On a gas water heater, it’s very important to have the vent system thoroughly checked, because these vents help prevent the backdraft of poisonous exhaust.
- Anode Rod Check: The anode rod attracts rust, so it won’t form inside the tank. If this component has become corroded, it will need replacing.
- Temperature and Pressure (T&P) Valve Check: This valve opens when the pressure or temperature inside the tank reaches an unsafe level, so it’s important to make sure it’s fully operational.
- Tank Inspection: The technician will check the outside of the tank, making sure the water line connections are secure and there are no signs of rust.
- Flushing the Tank: The tank needs to be flushed and drained regularly because sediment left undisturbed in the tank will lead to inefficient performance and damage to the unit.
Take Care of Your Water Heater All Year Round
Between visits from a professional plumber, there are simple steps you can take to make sure your water heater stays in good condition. Give it a once-over from time to time, to make sure there are no signs of leaking, corrosion, or rust. Pay attention to your water pressure, because if it drops, your water heater may have a problem. It could be that sediment buildup is affecting your water heater’s performance, or it could be as simple as a kink in the water supply hose. Another sign of trouble is clicking or popping noises coming from your water heater. If you notice any of these issues, contact PPM Plumbing right away: catching problems early can save you from costly repairs later.
Trust PPM Plumbing to Maintain Your Water Heater
At PPM Plumbing in Draper, Utah, we offer maintenance plans to protect your plumbing, and this includes your water heater. While plumbing repairs are just part of owning a home, taking care of your pipes, drains, and appliances can extend the life of your plumbing and keep your home running efficiently. That’s why we organize maintenance plans with our customers, designed to service each unique home’s issues. Just as your doctor performs regular checkups to keep you in good health, we give your home checkups to keep your plumbing from running into issues that can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Contact us to learn more about how a well-organized maintenance plan can keep your plumbing running efficiently and save you money.
Why Choose Us?
- Always 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed
- Flat rate upfront pricing
- No diagnostic fee when we do a repair for you
- Local family owned business
- Serving Utah for over 36 years
- We service all plumbing, heating and AC brands
- Rocky Mountain Natural Gas certified technicians
- Full one year parts & labor warranty on all repairs and installations
- Drug free / smoke free workplace
- Background checked technicians
- Customer Care Trained Team!
- "I would rather lose money on a service call than have an unhappy customer" -Lance Hellewell, Owner